Monday, February 29, 2016

Writers as Readers

1.) When I read I need to be doing something else also. I can't just sit down and read a book. I need to be riding in a car, listening to music, snacking, walking around, etc.
2.) I'm 18 years old but I still like children's books. Children have such wide imaginations and children's books tend to reflect that. I guess that's why I like reading them. There is also the fact that I am not much of a reader.
6.) I do not remember who taught me how to read or when I learned how to read, but I do remember how frustrating it was for me to learn the ABC's. I also remember pretending that I knew how to read by just telling my parents what the story was about while holding up the book. Mrs. Vanwinkle was my kindergarten teacher and she helped me a lot with my ABC's and told me that they were hard for her too. That was her little "secret".
9.) When I was reading The Fault in Our Stars  I felt sad because, his cancer ended up being worse than hers.
12.) I do think that someone who reads a lot will become a stronger writer. I do not read books very often.  The majority of my vocabulary comes from social media sites and text messages. My vocabulary would probably be a lot better if I were to read actual books more.  At the same time though I think I learn quite a bit of words from listening to people talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment