Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Dream Threads

Displaying G0059006.JPGDisplaying G0058908.JPG    Either the lock keeps turning and it won't lock, or the door won't meet the frame and there is a huge gap, making it impossible. Or maybe it's because I am so shaky from being nervous and excited at the same time. I have waited thirteen years for this day. At the age of five, I would jump off of the top bunk with a trash bag and pretended that I was falling thousands of feet instead of just four or so. After I finally figured out the whole door situation, I finished getting ready in no time. I am on my way to pick Cloe up and hoping she won't back out. I kind of pressured her into jumping out of a plane, but I'm not even sorry. We aren't really sure what to do before we head out of town, or what our "last meal" should be. We are driving around then all of a sudden a cop does a U-turn and pulls us over. I've never gotten a speeding ticket before but I guess that is changing today. I tell the officer that I didn't know the speed limit and ask him if that was the problem. He doesn't say anything. Then Cloe tells him that we are just excited to go skydiving today. Still no word from the cop, until he hands me the ticket for almost one hundred dollars and says "have fun kids". Right like getting a 97 dollar ticket is my definition of fun. It's whatever I'm not about to let a ticket ruin today. Subway is right next to us, so we are pulling
in for that last meal. Fast forward, we are in Bolivar at 417 Skydive.
We are signing all of the papers and then, finally I am getting into the plane. The door opens and I can't believe this is finally happening, like a dream come true. As I fall, I thought nothing would catch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment