Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Color All Around

Acrostic 

Endless hours of hard work,
School work still needing to be done
Image result for cup of espressoProcrastinating has gone too far
Reaching for my white chocolate mocha with not one but two
Extra shots of espresso, this homework might actually have a
Shot at being completed thanks to
Starbucks who always makes me
Oddly satisfied to become

Broke and
Excited to check my empty bank account
And then count spare change for another round with
No regrets
Image result for little rose in a big  garden




Haiku #1 
The littlest rose,
has the biggest heart's content,
in the whole garden.

Haiku #2
Not a lot of good
hearts living here these days
but it's whatever

Haiku #3
Magenta lipstick
on your grandma's wrinkly face
now on your cheek... gross


Image result for grandma kisses

   











Free Verse
Caucasian woman riding bicycle on beachStanding on the amidship,
deep inside the Amalfi,
I spot the silhouette of a girl on a bicycle,
as we sail closer I realize the bike looks oddly familiar,
probably because it's my blue bike that went missing
months ago
oh well it's whatever I have a sail boat now
so who's the real winner here?

Narrative Acrostic 

Beginning this
Long long journey,
Unsure where this road will lead but not too
Eager to find out

Because I like the mystery of
It all and not being stuck in the same old
Cycle of my daily routine
Yes some structure is good but nothing comes
Close to the
Lose feeling of no responsibilities and
Endless possibilities



3 comments:

  1. Your "but it's whatever" life philosophy is entertaining and one I can relate to in many ways. I like the last poem the most, I think, because I totally get where you're coming from, not wanting to be stuck, open to "whatever." Thanks, Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found myself laughing at your first poem because I can most certainly relate, Starbucks' Venti Java Chip has been able to get me through lots of long nights filled with tons of homework. I also like the subtle humor you put into your poetry! And your last poem is phenomenal, I can also relate to not wanting to put myself in strict structured lifestyle and be open to opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found myself laughing at your first poem because I can most certainly relate, Starbucks' Venti Java Chip has been able to get me through lots of long nights filled with tons of homework. I also like the subtle humor you put into your poetry! And your last poem is phenomenal, I can also relate to not wanting to put myself in strict structured lifestyle and be open to opportunity!

    ReplyDelete